Cold Water Boot by Premier Equine
Premier Equine Cold Water Boot
• Unique design helps prevent slipping
• Activate crystals by soaking in cold water for approximately 24 hours before first use
• Soak in cold water for approximately 1 hour before use each time after first use
• Anatomic wrapping shape makes them easy to put on & and take off
• Use for approx. 20 minute periods each session
• Do not use on cuts, abrasions or damaged skin
• Designed for front & hind legs
• Always remember if symptoms persist consult your vet
Small - 14.0-14.3hh
Medium - 15.0-16.2hh
Large - 16.3-17.3hh
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SIZE GUIDE IS FOR FRONT LEGS AND YOU MAY HAVE TO GO UP A SIZE FOR HINDS!
Using the Cold Water Boots after exercise - After hard work the cold water boots should be applied for around 20 minutes. For extra cold treatment place ice or ice packs in the bucket of water that they are being soaked in. The colder the water, the colder the boots. For a maximum cold effect you can place the cold water boot from the ice water, into a bag and leave in the fridge for 1 hour, this will provide a 3-5 minutes initial blast of cold on the horses leg. Never freeze the cold water boots.
Using the Cold Water Boots for injury - The cold water boots should be applied at least 6-7 times a day and be on the horses leg no longer than 20 minutes.
Storage of the Cold Water Boots - If competing or using for injury over a couple of days the boots can be stored in the bucket of water. Once finished with the boots, they need to be hung up to dry out of direct sunlight. Once dry they can be stored away. When getting the boots back out to use, re soak them for 1 hour to reactivate.